Thursday 4 August 2011

Catrice: 060 Bloody Mary To Go & Kiss "Nail Artist" Stencils.

Well, finally my nails are dry, and my mani from today is complete. You can find all the details of what I used below.

BASE COAT: The Edge "Nails" 5 Star Base Coat.
FIRST/SECOND COATS: Catrice "Ultimate Nail Lacquer" 060 Bloody Mary To Go.
STENCIL KIT: Kiss "Nail Artist - Paint & Stencil Kit" MDK01.
STENCIL/FREEHAND WORK: Kiss "Nail Art Paint" SPA10 Silver Glitter, and Kiss "Nail Art Paint" SPA12 Black.
TOP COAT x2: NYC "Expert Last Nail Polish" 138 Classy Glassy.

Firstly I applied the base coat to my nails. It went on smoothly and looks pink in the bottle, but it dried to a clear and shiny color.

Then I applied two coats of Catrice "Ultimate Nail Lacquer" 060 Bloody Mary To Go, as one coat just wasn't enough. Application was also smooth, but unlike other Catrice nail varnishes it took quite a while to dry, so I had to wait a whole hour for each coat to dry properly. I was quite messy too, so I had to clean up a good few mistakes after each coat also.



I then applied various heart themed stencils from my Kiss "Nail Artist - Paint & Stencil Kit" MDK01 to the nails of my left hand, and then carefully painted them with my chosen colors; Kiss "Nail Art Paint" SPA10 Silver Glitter, and Kiss "Nail Art Paint" SPA12 Black.

The brush from the SPA10 Silver Glitter bottle was a little 'frayed', so I had to be careful and go over what I had done a bit in places. But other than that, the Kiss Nail Art Paint was really easy to use.




After the Kiss Nail Art Paint had completely dried I very carefully peeled off the stencils, but no matter how I tried, I still managed to tear them in places, as they are extremely thin and delicate.






I then applied two coats of NYC "Expert Last Nail Polish" 138 Classy Glassy to the nails of my left hand for protection and extra shine.







Once I was finished working on my left hand, and my final top coat had dried I started to work on my right hand. I attempted doing freehand art on my right hand. No planning involved really, just thought I would have a go and draw whatever popped into my hand so I could experiment with the Kiss Nail Art Paint brushes.

I used the same Kiss "Nail Art Paint" SPA10 Silver Glitter, and Kiss "Nail Art Paint" SPA12 Black that I had used on my left hand. Then I waited for everything to dry before I applied two coats of NYC "Expert Last Nail Polish" 138 Classy Glassy to the nails of my right hand for protection and extra shine also.

Sorry for the lack of artistic quality, but my slightly shaky results are below.







Maybe I should just stick to my left hand in future, especially since I am right handed and unfortunately not ambidextrous.

Mani Lasted Until: Afternoon of Sunday 7th August 2011; mostly because I got a few chips while I was sleeping etc.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment my blog. I will reply to all comments as soon as I am able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...