Thursday 25 August 2011

Catrice: 440 I Wear My Sunglasses At Night & OPI: NL K10 Last Friday Night.

I decided not to use a base coat for my mani this time. Simply because the nail polish I'm going to apply contains glitter.

ONE/TWO COATS: Catrice "Ultimate Nail Lacquer" 440 I Wear My Sunglasses At Night.


I know I've used this particular color before, but I wanted to use it mostly on its own instead of just on my tips, like I chose to do with it on my initial try with using it. I really love this polish, especially since it's black, and because it has fuchsia pink colored and mint green colored small specs of glitter within it.

APPLICATION: It was nice to apply, and a little streaky on the first coat, but looked perfect by the time I added the second coat and allowed it to dry. This polish dried to a nice shiny, but not glossy finish.

Pictures are below. As always, click on any picture to see it in its original size. Excuse my band-aid, as I accidentally stabbed myself yesterday with a pair of scissors...





ONE COAT (Ring-fingers only): OPI "Nail Lacquer" NL K10 Last Friday Night.

If you would like to see this nail varnish applied on its own as a full mani, then please see here.

I really really love this nail varnish color. It's a clear blue based varnish with specs of royal blue glitter within it, along with slightly bigger hexes of light blue, royal blue, mint green, and silver pieces of glitter. I applied this nail polish to my ring-fingers only, as I wanted a subtle mani but couldn't resist using this OPI varnish over my mani today.

APPLICATION: This varnish applied perfectly in just one coat, with no drag or streaks or loss of glitter if I overlapped my strokes. It dried to a very nice shiny unglossy finish.

Pictures are below.





I then applied my top coat mostly for protection, to stop my nail varnish chipping, and also so I would have a lovely shiny and glossy finish to my mani.

TOP COAT x1: NYC "Expert Last Nail Polish." 138 Classy Glassy.
TOP COAT x2 (on Ring-fingers only): NYC "Expert Last Nail Polish." 138 Classy Glassy.






MANI LASTED UNTIL: 30th August 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment my blog. I will reply to all comments as soon as I am able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...