Tuesday 2 August 2011

Kiss "Nail Artist" MDK02 Masquerade

Today I managed to finally get into town so I could exchange my broken Kiss "Nail Artist" pack for a new one, that wasn't broken.


I couldn't wait to try it out, and as my mani from yesterday* was still on really well, I decided to just test it out on one nail for now.

(* You can find my mani from yesterday here.)

Nail Art Kit used: Kiss "Nail Artist" MDK02 Masquerade

First I applied a flower stencil to my left ring finger. There were many stencils to chose from, but I wanted to chose one that was kind of simple and girly, to go with the mani that I done yesterday.

I used Kiss "Nail Art Paint" SPA15 Bikini Pink for the petals of the flower. Then I used Kiss "Nail Art Paint" SPA20 Beach Green for the leaves and stem of the flower.

Application: I found the SPA20 Beach Green slightly thinner in consistency than the SPA15 Bikini Pink, although both went on fine, and I only needed one coat of each color. I did have to be careful that any big drips, working their way down from the inside of the top of the brush lid, didn't end up on my nail, so I had to wipe the brush a few times on the inside of the nail varnish bottle, to get off the excess. But that was no bother to do at all, and trouble free as long as I paid attention to the brush stem every now and then.





I then waited for the nail varnish to dry before I slowly and carefully peeled the stencil off. Although, I still managed to make a tear in the stencil unfortunately. I will have to be even more careful next time as they are extremely thin and delicate.

(Above picture taken indoors in the evening with flash)


I then applied a top coat of NYC "Expert Last Nail Polish" 138 Classy Glassy to protect my new nail art.

Various pictures are below. With flash, and with flash plus macro. Which will explain the various changes in skin tone in the pictures, but hopefully you will be able to see the nail art clearly in places in each of the photos. Sorry for the quality, as it was extremely difficult to get a close up of my nail art without the picture coming out all blurry.








I can't wait to try out the other stencils that came with the pack. Especially since I purchased the Kiss "Nail Artist" MDK01 pack while I was in the store exchanging my other one today. I will feature those in my blog soon, along with the SPA29 Pearl Blue that I didn't get to try out on my mani today.

Lasted until: Late Afternoon of 4th August 2011. My mini nail art would have lasted longer, but my nail varnish was starting to lift slightly in a few places, so I had to take it all off unfortunately.

1 comment:

  1. where can you buy these? i havent seen them anywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment my blog. I will reply to all comments as soon as I am able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...