Sunday 21 August 2011

Catrice: 510 Bye, Bye Birdy! & Isa Dora "Graffiti Nails" 803 Masterpiece Pink

I know crackle/graffiti/shatter nail polishes have been around for a while now, but I'm still relatively new to them; especially when it comes to experimenting with color combinations. So, I wanted to have a mani that was light and colorful, despite the dark constant cloud that seems to be over the town I live in.

BASE COAT: The Edge "Nails" 5 Star Base Coat.

This is actually my favorite base coat, and a varnish that looks a light pink in the bottle but dries to a clear shiny finish and one that applies very nicely.

ONE/TWO/THREE/FOUR COATS: Catrice "Ultimate Nail Lacquer." 510 Bye, Bye Birdy!


I really did not enjoy using this polish, and not just because it took like an hour for each coat to dry. It wasn't exactly thin, but it was quite streaky, even after four coats, and it didn't dry to a nice even finish either. If I was using this polish on its own then I would have applied five coats instead of just four. But, I definitely wouldn't bother using it on its own as a full mani, especially since it doesn't dry smooth at all, despite the fact that it did dry with a shiny finish which was the only plus. Pictures are below. Sorry for any missed clean-ups.





ONE COAT: Isa Dora "Graffiti Nails" 803 Masterpiece Pink.


Like with its black shade of this polish, it dries matte and crackles quickly, and dries almost just as quickly. I applied the crackle polish on my nails without overlapping my brush strokes. Please note that my right hand looks slightly different effect wise compared to my left, as I applied thicker nail polish on my right hand.





TOP COAT: NYC "Expert Last Nail Polish." 138 Classy Glassy.


Lastly I applied a top coat of the above. Pictures are below.






I really like this mani, which is surprising as I don't really like pink to be honest, but I thought it would be a nice combination of colors to try. Maybe I will try black as a main color the next time I use this pink crackle/graffiti/shatter polish again. Unless of course I manage to get the OPI Shatter red first that I have seen is out now. I think both of those color combinations would look good together.

APPLICATION: Very early hours of Sunday, 21st August 2011.
MANI LASTED UNTIL: 24th August 2011, mainly because the Catrice 510 Bye Bye Birdy part of my mani started to peel away from the sides of my nails in places.


Please let me know if you would like to see any different color combinations when it comes to this type of mani. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and also commenting if you do.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment my blog. I will reply to all comments as soon as I am able.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...